Why Faculty of History
The Faculty runs programmes which are unique at both national and even in European level. We offer first, second and third cycle ( doctoral ) and postgraduate studies. Students can choose from a variety of specialisations, which allows them to broaden the scientific horizons and acquire the necessary professional skills. Our strengths:
- the highest rated faculty of history in north Poland ( fifth place in the country ), renowned and recognized in Europe and in the world, an important unit of a thriving university with rich scientific and didactic traditions.
- comfortable study conditions in a state-of-the-art, spacious, newly built UNC Collegium Humanisticum building adapted to the needs of the disabled, with a departmental library and self-study facilities,
- rich list of programmes of study, including fields of study unique at national and even European level ( archeology, information architecture, archival and document management, ethnology – cultural anthropology, history, art history, Scandinavian-Baltic Studies, military science, information management and book studies)
- diversified array of specialisations enhancing professional and scientific competences,
- extensive foreign languages offer (English, German, French, Russian and Norwegian),
- outstanding academic staff who combine passion and work and willingly share their expertise during classes, open lectures, workshops and meetings,
- very strong internationalization of didactic offer and research ( scholarships abroad ( within the ERASMUS program framework ) or under the Polish-Russian agreement), also foreign professors,
- possibility to study in other centres in Poland ( MOST program),
- extensive research teams activities, conferences and student events,
- the Faculty, as the only one in Poland, has an institution based abroad ( Polish Historical Mission at the University of Julius Maximilian in Würzburg, Germany).
- the Faculty of History received a positive institutional rating from the Polish Accreditation Commission,
- Toruń is a friendly and open city for young people who are curious about their past, where history is at hand.